In conditions of the best camera bag for street photography, this is kind of a trick question. I question that one bag is going to cover all your needs, your style as well as camera equipment.
The street can be a tough place to photograph. Your gear will range between a body and two lenses to flashes, reflectors and also snacks for the subject if doing portraits.
Also, long city trips might mean taking more gear with you, ensuring you aren’t caught out.
We are looking at 3 different camera bag types; the sling, the backpack and the solid messenger handbag. And here are the best bag for every style.
Best Camera Bag for Street Photography in 2020
1. Think Tank Photo TurnStyle 20 V2.0 Camera bag
1 used from $84.95
- Fits standard DSLR, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 attached, 10" tablet - Example: D800 attached to 70-200mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, iPad or Example: DJI Mavic Pro, controller, batteries, compact DSLR or Mirrorless camera, iPad
- Easy rotation for rapid access to gear and accessories
- Stabilizer strap holds the bag steady while active or tucks away when not in use
- Dedicated, padded pocket fits an 10" tablet
- Exterior Dimensions: 9.3” W x 17.3” H x 5.4” D (23.5 x 44 x 13.7 cm), Internal Dimensions: 8.3” W x 15” H x 4.8” D (21 x 38 x 12.2 cm), Small Tablet Compartment: 8.1” x 10.2” x 0.6” (20.5 x 26 x 1.5 cm), Weight: 1.2 lb. (0.5 kg), Shoulder Strap Length: 36.5–73” (includes length of product), Stability Strap Length: 60” (includes length of product) Note: the product tapers significantly and dimensions are taken at largest point
2. Peak Design Everyday Messenger Bag 13"
- Everyday Messenger Bag Padding: camera divider inserts for a DSLR camera, 3 lenses, and accessories.
- Padded Laptop Sleeve fits a 15" MacBook Pro laptop; 15" screen size.
- Weatherproof and DWR-coated shell protects laptops and camera equipment.
- Peak Messenger Max Capacity/Volume: 8 L min to 18 L max.
- Peak Design Camera Bag Lifetime Warranty: Guaranteed.
3. ThinkTank Trifecta 8 Flip Case
- Capacity Volume: 1 cabinet with a 70-200 mm Zoom/4 and 2-5 lenses, a 8 "tablets
- EXT. : 29 x 45 x 14.5 cm
- Int. : 24 x 26 x 11.5 cm
- Material: Water Repellent Finish the exterior of the DWR (durable water-repellent), Bottom of the Bag PU coating, 600D twill, 420D high density nylon, YKK zip, ventilated mesh lined quilted back. Silver Removable closed cell foam, nylon interior 210D, super-grip Velex, 2 anti rain in 190T coated PU Nylon Cover (fully seam sealed)
4. ONA - The Union Street - Camera Messenger Bag
- Handcrafted with Waxwear
- Genuine leather accents and base
- Antique brass hardware
- 5 dividers, including a removable laptop area divider
- Room for a DSLR camera and up to 3 lenses
5. BAGSMART Camera Backpack for SLR/DSLR Cameras
- Side and Front Compartments for Easy & Quick Access to Camera and Accessories.
- The entire interior can be flexibly divided over nylon velcro pads in two levels, the top of clothing, down for one DSLRs with about 3-4 lenses. By unzipping middle compartment, DSLR Camera Travel Bag can be converted into Everyday Use School Backpack.
- Ample padded compartment for 14" laptops/notebooks (can hold up to 15" ultra-light notebook like Apple laptop), tablets, books and more. Front compartment and two side pockets for battery, cable, lenscap or cellphone storage. Laterally can be a loop as a tripod mounts.
- Include a rain cover, concealed in the bottom zippered bag for the unexpected weather.
- Please kindly know that the camera backpack in the picture is slightly different from the one in the video. The camera backpack we sold is the improved one shown in the picture. (We improved the buckles and straps)