One of the most important pieces of gear for any photographer is the camera flash. Those photographers who practice portrait, event or product photography will find it vital.
Read on to find out about the 8 Best Camera Flash Guns in 2020.
What’s a Flash Gun?
A camera flash is an external unit that attaches to your camera via the warm shoe. It’s a lot more powerful than a built-in flash. And it will allow you to take better quality photos.
The following are just some of the advantages a flashgun has over a built-in flash.
- Off-camera flash – A camera flash can be used off-camera by using either infra-red, radio or modification in light as its result in. The ability to perform this will provide you with much more innovative potential.
- More power – Without as powerful as studio lighting, a flash unit even now packs a significant punch. If you are using multiple units you’ll have the ability to create a mobile studio.
- The direction of light – Built-in camera flash aims in a single direction. A flash device could be manipulated to the purpose of the light in various directions. This will permit you to bounce the light off the beaten track or a ceiling when indoors.
- Light modifiers – There are many light modifiers you may use with a flash. Softboxes, snoots, or shoot thru umbrellas are a few examples of these.
- Stroboscopic effect – Switch the strobe into the shutter in a darkened area. Maintain your camera shutter open up, and make use of a burst of flashes to make a multi-direct exposure look with a shifting object.
8 Best Camera Flash Guns in 2020
1. Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI, Auto Intelligent Flash
$279.00 in stock
6 used from $213.79
- World's first flash equipped with an Ai bounce function*
- Ai. B full-auto mode and AI. B semi-auto mode settings.
- Maximum guide number of 47 (154 ft. /47M) at is 100.
- A assist Beam emission in low-light scenes.
- "Zoom flash head range of 24 105mm**. flash exposure adjustment range of &plasmin; 3 Stops in 1/3 or 1/2 step. Broad bounce angle range of 0 120° upwards, 180° to the left and 180° to the right. Optical receiver mode for Off-Camera triggering. Charge status Indicated in LCD panel. Mini stand and new bounce Adapter Accessories included. "
2. Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash
$249.00 in stock
8 used from $189.00
- Compact body for space efficiency and style
- Zoom flash head covers a range of 24-105mm; maximum guide number 141ft./43m at ISO 100
- Convenient controls include a built-in Catch light Panel to help enhance the subject's facial expression, Dot-matrix LCD and Multi Dial that help provide smooth operation and use
- Recycling Time: Approx. 0.1 to 3.7 seconds (AA-size Alkaline Batteries)/0.1 to 2 seconds (AA-size Ni-MH batteries)
3. Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight
10 used from $358.00
- Radio Control Advanced Wireless Lighting
- Cooling System for 100 Consecutive Shots
- Compatible with Nikon i-TTL
- Guide Number: 113' at ISO 100 and 35mm
- Zoom Range: 24-200mm (14mm with Panel)
4. Nikon SB-700 AF Flash Speedlight Advanced
- Compatible with Nikon i-TTL, Guide Number: 92' at ISO 100 and 35mm
- Zoom Range: 24-120mm (12mm with Panel), Tilts from -7� to 90�
- Rotates Left & Right 180�, Commander Mode for Wireless TTL Control
- Strobe Mode and 3 Illumination Patterns, Recycle Time: 2.5-3.5 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync, Runs on 4 AA Batteries
5. Sony HVLF32M MI (Multi-interface shoe) Camera Flash
8 used from $159.99
- Compact size with MI shoe, bounce emission on standard & vertical position, high-speed synchronization mode
- wireless control, auto white balance compensation, built in bounce sheet
- TTL & Manual by 1/3 EV step Flash triggering, dust & moisture resistant
- In-the-box: Connector protect cap; Mini-stand; Carrying Case
6. Neewer NW-561 LCD Display Speedlite Flash
2 used from $28.10
- Powerful Flash with High Guide No.38(ISO 100, 35mm),supports M/MULTI/S1/S2 flash mode; Note：Don't support TTL and the camera menu setting Function
- Super speed charging recycle:0.1-5s，Compatible with for Canon Nikon Panasonic Olympus Pentax Fijifilm and Sony with Mi Hot Shoe cameras，like a9 a7 a7II a7III a7R III a7RII a7SII a6000 a6300 a6500 (NOT compatible with Canon EOS Rebel SL3/250D，Rebel T7/1500D 2000D，Rebel T100/3000D 4000D）
- Lighting times:100-1500 times;Flash time:1/200s-1/20000s;Flash control:8 levels of output control (1/128-1/1)
- Fixed Zoom,and Vertical Rotation Angle: -7-90 degrees, Horizontal Rotation Angle: 0-180 degrees
- Additional function: PC synchronous, power saving mode, over temperature protection
7. Yongnuo YN-560 IV Flash Speedlite
- Supports Wireless Master Function
- Supports Wireless Slave Function, fully supports YN560-TX, RF-603, RF-602 Wireless transmitter
- Multiple Trigger Synchronous Mode Supported
- Settings Save Automatically, Supports Custom Settings (Fn)
- Package includes EACHSHOT diffuser
8. Metz Mecablitz 64 AF-1 Digital Flash
2 used from $119.99
- Secondary reflector with 3 light output ratios ^Easy operating concept ^Illuminable dot-matrix display ^Motor zoom for 24 - 105 mm illumination ^Integrated wide-angle diffuser for 12 mm illum, 24 - 200mm Automatic Zoom