Travel photography is broadly well-known. It is one of the most significant photography fields. Any picture you take on your journeys can be considered part of this market.
Street photography and documentary lead the way. Landscape, cityscape and standard outdoor photography are there as well. The camera you go for must go with you anywhere
you go. This could be running down busy, dusty market streets in Asia, or clambering over rocky, topographic places.
When we think of picking the best camera for travel photography, we need to have a look at two factors. It’s all about portability and versatility.
The camera needs to be lightweight and not so big it puts you off from taking pictures. It also must be flexible enough that it covers landscapes and streets.
And possibly terrible weather conditions.
5 Best Camera For Travel Photography in 2021
1. Sony a7 III Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera
15 used from $1,670.06
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI full frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed
- 15 stop dynamic range, 14 bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800. Compatible with Sony E mount lenses. Can be connected via Bluetooth with smartphones featuring (as of the date of release)- Android (Android 5.0 or later, Bluetooth 4.0 or later), iOS (Bluetooth 4.0 or later)
- Up to 10fps silent or mechanical shutter with AE/AF tracking. Battery life (Still Images): Approx. 610 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 710 shots (LCD monitor), battery life (Movie, continuous recording): Approx. 200 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 210 min (LCD monitor)
- 693 phase detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93 percent image coverage. Focus sensor: Exmor R CMOS sensor
- In the box: Rechargeable battery (NP FZ100), AC adapter (AC UUD12), shoulder strap, body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable. Metering type: 1200 zone evaluative metering
2. Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera
23 used from $518.00
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+
- 19 point cross-type AF System
- Up to 7 fps shooting
- ISO 100-12800, expandable to 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video
3. Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Camera
12 used from $729.00
- New 20.4 megapixel live MOS sensor
- New TruePic VIII dual quad core image processor, auto focus points phase detection: 121 (121 cross type), contrast detection: 121
- 60 frames per second S AF, 18 frames per second C AF (silent electronic shutter)
- 15 frames per second S AF, 10 frames per second C AF (mechanical shutter)
- 121 point dual fast AF with cross type on chip phase detection focusing
4. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
4 used from $497.00
- 1.0-Inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon's new DIGIC 7 Image processor helps deliver exceptional image quality even in low light.
- Features a bright f/1.8 (w) - F/2.8 (T), 4.2x (24-100mm), 9-blade Iris Diaphragm and battery IS-equipped lens.
- Capture impressively high resolution Images with high-speed continuous shooting up to 8 fps in both raw mode/ Jpeg mode.
- Multi-angle capacitive 3.0" Touch panel LCD with a screen resolution of 1.04 million dots and tilt option of 180 Degree up and 45 Degree down.
- Capture stunning 1080P Full HD video in MP4 format with stereo sound.
5. GoPro HERO6 Black - Waterproof Digital Action Camera for Travel
5 used from $208.98
- Hero6 black automatically sends your footage to your phone where the app turns it into a quikstory an awesome edited video
- With 4k60 and 1080p240 video, Hero6 black delivers 2x the performance compared to Hero5 black with an all new GP1 chip optimized for GoPro capture, Hero6 black delivers vastly improved image quality
- With our most advanced video stabilization yet, Hero6 black captures super smooth footage, whether it’s handheld or mounted to your gear Hero6 black is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter) without a housing
- Now featuring touch zoom and an updated UI, the 2 inch display makes it easy to frame shots, change settings and play back footage
- Featuring 5 GHZ wi fi, you can copy photos and videos over to your phone 3x faster than with Hero5 black; Note low or high temperature conditions may temporarily shorten the battery life or cause the camera to temporarily stop working properly