The most recent Sony A7R II includes a 42-megapixel full-frame sensor and 4K film recording.
Probably the most welcome improvements may be the built-in 5-axis body image stabilization that may work regardless of the lens you utilize has OSS ( ideal for old, or manual concentrate lenses).
You need to know that the more megapixels your camera has, the better your lenses ought to be. Some lenses, no matter how old they are, simply won’t be considered a perfect fit if you’re seeking to get the finest detail and sharpness out of your A7R II.
Below you will see our 11 recommended lenses for the A7R II and all the Sony full-frame cameras.
Best Lenses for Sony a7r II in 2020
Best Sony Zoom Lenses:
Best Sony Prime Lenses:
1. Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar T FE F4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
$765.99 in stock
20 used from $765.99
- Ideal for landscapes and the a7 series of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.19x, Focal-Length : 5/8 - 1-3/8 Inches
- Three ED glass elements to suppress chromatic distortion, constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- Built-in Optical Steady Shot image stabilization, dust and moisture resistant design
- Angle of View (35 mm)107°-63° Angle of View (APS-C) 83°-44°. Weight- 18.3 ounce.Optical Design : 12 Elements in 10 Groups
2. Sony FE 24-70 mm F2.8 G Master Full Frame Standard Zoom Lens
$1,450.00 in stock
26 used from $1,450.00
- SONY EMOUNT LENS: 35mm full frame format, instant auto / manual focus selection, focus hold button. The minimum focus distance is 0.38 meter
- NATURAL, LIFELIKE IMAGERY: ED and Super ED glass elements deliver breathtaking texture and detail
- REDUCED ABERRATION: Two aspherical elements and an extremely precise XA element maximize resolution
- 9 BLADE APERTURE: SEL2470GM lenses have a 9 blade circular aperture for a gorgeous bokeh effect
- NANO AR COATING: Allows for accurate light transmission to improve clarity, contrast and quality
3. Sony SEL24240 FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Zoom Lens
$580.00 in stock
16 used from $580.00
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 10x magnification with a wide 24mm to super tele 240mm, Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for handheld shooting
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.64 ft-2.63 ft (0.5 m-0.8 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.27x, Focal-Length : 24-240 mm. Filter Diameter - 72 mm.
- Corner to corner sharpness from 5 Spherical elements, ED glass element reduces flare and ghosting, 7-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Fast focus w/ a linear motor drive and an inner focus mechanism, Dust and moisture resistant design
4. Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS E-Mount Full Frame Lens
6 used from $995.00
- This version is originally intended for sale outside the US and may contain adapters, manual, and warranties not compatible with US standards.
5. Sony FE 70-300mm SEL70300G F4.5-5.6 G OSS Lens
10 used from $895.00
- Full-frame 70-300mm G Series F45-56 G Telephoto zoom, Nano AR Coating with Nano-precision structure, Optical SteadyShot for clear images even at full telephoto
- 35 mm full-frame.9-blade circular aperture for smooth defocus background bokeh, 2x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements reduces aberration, 4x Aspherical elements control spherical aberration and coma
- Linear actuator achieves fast, smooth, quiet autofocus, Enhanced operability w/ direct control switches and buttons on lens, 105-450mm (35mm equivalent) w/ APS-C format cameras
- Class-leading close-up focusing capability less than 3’. Mount type: Sony E-mount
6. Zeiss Batis 2.8/18 Wide-Angle Lens for E-Mount
13 used from $849.95
- E-mount Lens/full-frame Format
- Aperture range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Distagon optical design
- Four aspherical elements
- Seven special glass elements
7. Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 Lens for Sony E Mount
$699.99 in stock
11 used from $699.99
- VERSATILE FULL-FRAME LENS: The powerful lens for the mirrorless full-frame system of Sony fulfills the highest requirements. Despite its compact design, the image meets the expectations of professional photographers.
- EXCELLENT RESOLUTION AND HIGH CONTRAST: Richly saturated and vivid colours are a must in the creation of lasting impressions. However, stray light within an optical system leads to a lightening of the image that is particularly noticeable in the shadows. This reduces image contrast, with the result that exposures lack contrast and appear faded. To avoid this, ZEISS combines various specially developed technologies to reduce the undesirable effects of stray light.
- ROBUST AND WEATHERPROOF METAL CONSTRUCTION: Thanks to features that are designed to keep out dust and spray water, the lens is perfectly suited for critical outdoor conditions. It is also designed for many years of intensive use.
- INNOVATIVE OLED DISPLAY: For the first time, you can accurately read the focus distance and depth of field simply and intuitively on the OLED display on the lens. Especially in poor light conditions - excellent readability is always guaranteed.
- SMOOTH AND RELIABLE AUTOFOCUS: The design of the autofocus system requires an extremely accurate shifting of particular lens groups. The focusing system of ZEISS lenses is designed to ensure a robust and smooth-running autofocus mechanism with the best imaging performance.
8. Sony SEL35F18 35mm f/1.8 Prime Fixed Lens
$379.00 in stock
12 used from $379.00
- Compact, lightweight fixed F1.8 lens.Angle of View (APS C) 44 °
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.99 ft (0.3 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.15x, Focal Length : 1.38 in
- New optical design for excellent peripheral sharpness and contrast, Built in image stabilization
- Silent and smooth high speed focusing ideal for shooting movies. Superb focusing operation
- Lens group or elements is 6/8. If auto focus cant lock on or focuses on the wrong subject, step in and take total control with direct manual focus.Image stabilization (SteadyShot):Optical SteadyShot
9. Sony 55mm F1.8 Sonnar T FE ZA Full Frame Prime Lens
$625.00 in stock
26 used from $625.00
- Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded
- Focal Length: 55mm, Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19-11/16 inches (.50m)
- Lens Type: Fixed, E-mount Full Frame, Lens not zoomable
- Aperture (Min/Max): 22/1.8; Angle of View (35 mm): 43 °
10. Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony E Mount
$1,019.00 in stock
1 used from $1,598.00
- Zeiss 85mm f/1. 8 baits lens - Sony FE mount
- High quality
- Fast lens
11. Sony FE 90mm f/2.8-22 Macro G OSS Standard-Prime Lens
1 used from $1,100.00
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 90mm Macro with a bright F2.8 maximum aperture, Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections, Dust and moisture resistant design
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 1.0x, Focal Length : 90 mm. The angle of view is 27 degree (35 mm) and 17 degree (APS-C)
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for handheld shooting, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring
- Corner to corner sharpness w/ Advanced Spherical elements, Super ED glass w/ multi‐coating reduces flare and ghosting, 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for quiet, precise focusing; Weight: 602 g (21.3 oz)