The Sony a7r IV is going to be one powerful camera, and we’re sure many photographers will opt to splash the money on the entire Frame Mirrorless beast once it hits stores afterward this season. If you’re a professional photographer who does a whole lot of studio shoots, and desire to be capable to get the very best from the 61 Megapixel sensor, you have to lenses that may resolve a huge amount of details. In this roundup, we have a look at 10 lenses ideal for studio shoots.
All the lenses we selected give incredibly sharp optics, fast apertures, blazing fast autofocus functionality, plus they are all built solidly. The lenses will be suitable for studio shoots and can focus on any Sony Electronic Mount camera (not only Sony a7r IV). So, if you would like lenses that will help produce lovely pictures throughout your studio shoots, you should look at the lenses we’ve listed below.
10 Best Lenses for Sony A7R IV in 2020
1. Sigma 35mm F1.4 Art DG HSM for Sony E
5 used from $599.00
- Focal length: 35mm
- Aperture range: f/1.4 - f/16
- Sony E mount lens
- 35mm film/ full-frame digital sensor Format
- Hyper-sonic motor focusing (HSM)
2. Rokinon IO50AF-E AF 50mm F1.4 Full Frame Auto Focus Lens
- Features Rokinon UMC anti-reflective coatings and three aspherical lens elements
- Constructed of 9 lens elements in 8 groups
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.47 ft; Filter size of 67mm
- Aperture range of F/1.4 - F/16 with 9 blade aperture. Maximum Diameter: 2.89 inches
- Includes lens caps, lens pouch instruction manual and warranty
3. Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony E Mount
1 used from $1,598.00
- VERSATILE FULL-FRAME LENS: The powerful lens for the mirrorless full-frame system of Sony fulfills the highest requirements. Despite its compact design, the image meets the expectations of professional photographers.
- EXCELLENT RESOLUTION AND HIGH CONTRAST: Richly saturated and vivid colours are a must in the creation of lasting impressions. However, stray light within an optical system leads to a lightening of the image that is particularly noticeable in the shadows. This reduces image contrast, with the result that exposures lack contrast and appear faded. To avoid this, ZEISS combines various specially developed technologies to reduce the undesirable effects of stray light.
- ROBUST AND WEATHERPROOF METAL CONSTRUCTION: Thanks to features that are designed to keep out dust and spray water, the lens is perfectly suited for critical outdoor conditions. It is also designed for many years of intensive use.
- INNOVATIVE OLED DISPLAY: For the first time, you can accurately read the focus distance and depth of field simply and intuitively on the OLED display on the lens. Especially in poor light conditions - excellent readability is always guaranteed.
- SMOOTH AND RELIABLE AUTOFOCUS: The design of the autofocus system requires an extremely accurate shifting of particular lens groups. The focusing system of ZEISS lenses is designed to ensure a robust and smooth-running autofocus mechanism with the best imaging performance.
4. Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens
16 used from $1,384.99
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16 , Filter Diameter (mm) - 67 mm
- One XA Element and Three ED Elements, Nano AR Coating
- Linear SSM Focus System.Weight:820 g.Dust and moisture resistant design.Angle of View (35 mm):29°
- Filter Diameter is 3.03 inches
5. Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22 Macro G OSS Standard-Prime Lens
7 used from $849.99
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 90mm Macro with a bright F2.8 maximum aperture, Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections, Dust and moisture resistant design
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 1.0x, Focal Length : 90 mm. The angle of view is 27 degree (35 mm) and 17 degree (APS-C)
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for handheld shooting, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring
- Corner to corner sharpness w/ Advanced Spherical elements, Super ED glass w/ multi‐coating reduces flare and ghosting, 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) for quiet, precise focusing; Weight: 602 g (21.3 oz)
6. Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art DG HSM
7 used from $1,145.00
- Full frame lens with APS-C compatibility
- Stunning compression effect for portrait photography
- Ideal use: studio photography, portrait photography and event photography
7. FE 135mm F1.8 G Master Telephoto Prime Lens
5 used from $1,699.00
- 135mm W/ F1.8 Max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- G master design for extraordinary sharpness and breathtaking bokeh
- Xa, super ED and ED elements achieve edge-to-edge high resolution
- 11-Blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Four XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors for fast, quiet, and precise focus
8. Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 for Sony Mirrorless Full Frame E Mount
10 used from $759.00
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background Blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast f/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in). Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:2.9 (Wide); 1:4 (Tele)
- Close-focusing; minimum object distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “rxd” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Moisture-resistant construction and fluorine coating for weather protection..Maximum Diameter:Φ73mm
9. Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens 64 GB SD Card
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens and 64GB 80MB/S C10 Flash Memory Card
- STANDARD ZOOM PERFORMANCE: No-compromise design and technology result in a constant f/2.8 zoom lens that can fully utilize the potential of current and future high-resolution camera bodies
- EXTRAORDINARY RESOLUTION AND BOKEH: An XA (extreme aspherical) lens element with superlative surface precision not only contributes to stunning corner-to-corner resolution and detail throughout the zoom range, but also plays a vital role in achieving smooth, soft bokeh that can be a powerful expressive tool in a wide range of photographic situations
- 9-BLADE APERTURE ENHANCES BOKEH BEAUTY: The remarkable beauty of this lens's bokeh is further enhanced by a 9-blade circular aperture design that contributes not only to smoothness, but to natural highlights as well
- SONY AUTHORIZED DEALER: Includes USA Manufacturer Guarantee
10. Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
9 used from $1,999.99
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh, Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field.Weight 1480 g (without tripod mount)
- Class-leading min. focus distance of 37.8” / 0.25x max. mag, Dual floating focus system for high AF speed and precision, XA, ED/Super ED elements and Nano AR Coating for superb resolution
- Aspherical elements & 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh, Min. focus breathing and par focal design ideal for video, Direct coupled mechanical focus system for precise manual focus
- Rigid construction with constant lens length during focusing and zooming, High performance Optical Steady Shot Image stabilization, Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Nano AR coating suppress reflections, flare and ghosting, XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01 micron surface precision