So you want to shoot film but you’re not interested in manual focusing, exposure modes, aperture, ISO, and all that technical nonsense? Drained of heavy SLRs and cumbersome controls? You just want to throw a camera in your bag, go on adventures with your friends, and easily shoot amazing pictures, right?
We understand it, and so did every camera company interested in turning a profit during the 1980s. The decade of the DeLorean and Johnny-Five assured high-tech wonders in a compact form, a promise that camera makers managed to provide on year after year with their new point-and-shoot cameras.
Yes, it was a great decade for point and shoot film cameras, and that means today’s shooter can find an impressive number of light-weight, portable, and completely capable point and shoot cameras for every budget.
Here are 10 Best point-and-shoot film cameras in 2020 that are available in the market.
Best Point and Shoot Film Cameras in 2020
5 used from 159.99
- Nikon L35AF
- Point and Shoot Camera
- Film Format: 35mm
- Model: L35AF
2 used from $ 819.95
- 28-70mm Carl Zeiss Tessar f4.5-8T* Lens ? Exclusive T* multi-layer coating suppresses multiple internal reflections
- Passive 5 point multi AF / Spot AF
- Tough aluminum front cover protects and beautifies the camera
- Programmed electronic high speed shutter (2 sec. ? 1/300 sec.) with Auto Exposure
- Exposure Compensation - +1.5EV/-1.5EV
1 used from 1,399.99
- great point and shoot camera. A CLASSIC
- 35mm camera
- With Flash
- Manual features
38 used from 152.33
- 35mm SLR (Single-Lens-Reflex) camera with electronically controlled AE (Automatic Exposure) and focal plane shutter.
- Canon FD series interchangeable lenses with full aperture metering and AE coupling. Canon FL series with stopped-down metering.
- Standard lenses for the Canon AE are Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 S.C.
- Canon Breech-Lock mount, Canon FD, FL and R lenses can be used. The viewfinder is fixed eye-level pentaprism with a field of view that is 93.5% vertical and 96% horizontal coverage of the actual picture
- Viewfinder information includes aperture scale with meter needle and stopped-down metering which also serves as a battery charge level check mark.
26 used from 139.99
- The Pentax K1000 35mm SLR is one of photography's greatest, most popular and longest-lived cameras.
- This Pentax film camera is completely mechanical and needs no battery to run, however, you must purchase an A76 cell battery to run the light meter.
- Unlike other SLR and DSLR cameras, the K1000 is simple and has little to no learning curve. There is three shooting controls: aperture, shutter speed and focus. You set the film speed when you load it.
- An extraordinary simple camera that forces you to think about your picture instead of your camera. As a result, it's recommended by most photography teachers, instructors, and professors to be used in their classes.
- The Pentax K1000 is so brilliant that you never need to turn the meter or camera on or off: both are always on for instant picture taking
2 used from 265.95
- Includes detachable flash
Minolta Hi-Matic AF2
11 used from 117.36
- Made by Minolta
- 35mm film version
- Great For Collectors
- Requires Batteries
- Great for Older Models
Olympus Stylus Epic
2 used from 599.00
- very good
3 used from 81.99
- Wide-Area Focus Sensor
- TTL controlled flash system
9 used from 149.99
- Classic top of the line Minolta film camera
- Minolta 50mm f1.7 lens