Capturing with a superzoom camera is like traveling a high-efficiency car with minimal previous time behind the wheel. It takes some getting used to, from focusing on holding your hands still when shooting to understanding the impact of smaller sensor sizes on framing.
The first trick is selecting the one that’s a great match for your needs, and that’s where our best superzoom cameras comparison list will help.
Superzoom cameras are fixed lens models, often considered a bridge camera between DSLRs or mirrorless cameras with interchangeable lenses and point-and-shoot compacts. Sensors are small, in the I” to 1/2.3” size, which extends the equivalent focal range when compared to a full-frame DSLR.
Further, there’s no easy calculation for how far of a distance from which these lenses will be able to pull in the action. Suffice to say it’s far, particularly for those models over 1000mm.
Think about your common shooting needs at a distance (people, wildlife, stills, videos ), along with how you prefer to carry your camera (pocket, neck strap, travel bag).
We bring you an option in each major category, along with a budget option. The good news is that when compared to a dedicated large camera and lenses, these best superzoom cameras are all affordable along with being fun.
10 Best Superzoom Camera in 2020
1. Sony Cyber‑Shot RX10 IV
5 used from $1,299.00
- World’s Fastest AF acquisition speed of 0.03 sec. Optical image stabilization technology developed by Sony is valuable for handheld still and movie shooting, especially in low light or at the ultra-telephoto end of the zoom range up to 600 mm
- 315 phase-detection AF points covering Approx. 65% of the frame. Light etering mode- Multi pattern, centre weighted, spot (Standard/Large), entire screen average, highlight
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T 24-600mm3 F2.4-F4 ultra-zoom Lens
- 20.1 MP 1" back Illuminated Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Dimensions (W x H x D) (CIPA) -5 1/4 x 3 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches, 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (from front of lens to monitor). Weight-2 pounds 6.7 ounce (Battery and SDXC Card included) / Approx. 2 pounds 5.1 ounces) (Body Only)
- 24 Fps4 continuous shooting up to 249 frames with AF/AE tracking. Filter diameter:62 mm.
2. PANASONIC Lumix FZ80 4K Digital Camera
$231.12 in stock
5 used from $231.12
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zooms DC Vario lens (20 1220 millimeter and Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) captures far off moments
- High Resolution View Finder & LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display (1040 dots) are clear even in bright sunlight.Lens:14 elements in 12 groups
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution Photos from 4K ultra HD video filmed at 30 frames per second to capture split second moments
- Low Light Performance: Low light capture lets you enjoy photography during your nightlife again with impressive results; Note: Refer to user manual PDF attached below in technical specification for trouble shooting steps are on page 54
- USB Charging and Wi-Fi Connectivity: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi Fi connectivity to your mobile device; HDMI D (Micro), Micro USB and USB 2.0 provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices; Max resolution: 4896 x 3672
3. PANASONIC LUMIX FZ2500 4K Point and Shoot Camera
3 used from $810.99
- The ideal hybrid camera choice for the advanced 4K video enthusiast and photography enthusiast alike.
- Large 1-inch 20.1 Megapixel sensor and bright 20X LEICA VARIO-ELMART F2.8-4.5 lens.
- 4K Ultra HD video recording plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus and internal Focus Stacking modes.Operating humidity:10%RH to 80％RH
- “CINELIKE D” and “CINELIKE V” for cinema-like gradation, time code, live HDMI output (4:2:2/8 bit or 4:2:2/10 bit), and lens ND filter controls.
- Optional V-Log L upgradability for purchase, and an out of the box unlimited recording duration..Weight:Approx. 915g / 2.02 lb (Body only)
4. Nikon COOLPIX P900 Digital Camera
18 used from $485.99
- 16MP CMOS sensor; 6 level brightness adjustment
- 24 2000-millimeter 35-millimeter equivalent focal length. Sensor size: 1/2.3 inch
- 83x optical zoom Nikkor super ED VR lens
- Vari angle TFT Lcd screen
- Electronic viewfinder. Highest ISO sensitivity: 6400
5. Canon PowerShot G3 X Digital Camera
$749.00 in stock
10 used from $600.00
- 20.2 MP 1 inch CMOS sensor
- 25x, f/2.8-5.6 optical zoom lens, 24-600mm equivalent
- ISO 125-12800
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 1080p Full HD and Expanded Movie Options
6. Nikon COOLPIX P1000 16.7 Digital Camera
9 used from $879.99
- 3000 millimeter optical zoom-the most powerful zoom lens; Ever put on a Nikon Coolpix camera
- 4k ultra hd video with HDMI out, stereo sound and an accessory hot shoe
- Rock steady dual detect image stabilization and great low light capability. Vibration reduction: Lens shift VR (still pictures) / lens shift and electronic VR (movies)
- Raw (NRW), time lapse and super lapse shooting plus great creative modes
- Full manual controls along with easy auto shooting
7. Panasonic LUMIX DMC FZ300 4K, Point and Shoot Camera
$549.99 in stock
- Capture moments with superb 4K imaging performance in both video and exclusive 4K PHOTO
- 24X (25-600mm) full-range F2.8 aperture Leica Lens -- Worry-free splash proof / dustproof body
- 12.1-megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor achieves superb low light image quality
- 5 Axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization assures steady photos and videos
- FREE Panasonic TRIPLE YOUR WARRANTY Bonus Offer, extends your 1 year warranty to 3 years -- This Ritz Camera KIT Includes 8 items -- All BRAND NEW Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full USA Warranties & Get Extended 3 Year Warranty when ordered by 3/31/16
8. Fujifilm FinePix S1 16 MP Digital Camera
6 used from $289.99
- The world's first weather resistant 50x zoom camera (24x1200mm)
- 16.2MP 1/2.3-inch backlit CMOS sensor
- Full HD movie capture (1920 x 1080, 60i)
- 3.0-inch, approx. 920K-dot, Vari-angle LCD monitor with 920k EVF
- Wi-Fi connectivity
9. Canon Powershot SX70 20.3MP Digital Camera
3 used from $634.95
- Powerful 65x optical zoom
- 203 Megapixel* CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie
- 039-Type Approx 236-million dot, OLED EVF
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
10. Coolpix B600 Superzoom Camera
9 used from $247.99
- 60x optical zoom, 120x Dynamic Fine Zoom
- 16 Megapixel low-light sensor
- Full HD 1080/60i (50i) videos with 4-Axis Hybrid VR and stereo audio
- 19 scene modes and 36 Creative effects
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low energy (BLE)