Canon is clearly aiming this camera against the Sony Venice FF camcorder. It’s technically also the first FF mirrorless system camera. The full specs and pre-order prices can be found at BHphoto.
Canon EOS C700 Highlights
- Super 35mm 4K CMOS Sensor
- 10-bit or 12-bit 4K RAW up to 120 fps (via Codex raw recorder)
- 2K RAW up to 240 fps (via Codex Raw recorder)
- ProRes 4K up to 60 fps (via Codex Raw recorder)
- EF Cinema Lock Type Mount (PL version available)
- Global Shutter version in 2017
- Up to 15 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 4K up to 60 fps, 2K/HD up to 240 fps
- ProRes 4444 in 2K/FHD
- Proxy Recording to SD Cards
- Canon Log 2 and Canon Log 3
- XF-AVC and ProRes Recording to CFast 2.0
Canon has scheduled the C700 to start shipping in early 2017.