The Nikon D7500 and Pentax KP both DSLRs belong to mid-range cameras and almost similar in action/sports photography performance and speed. Let’s find out how the competition between Nikon D7500 vs. Pentax KP.
|Sensor Format||APS-C (DX)||APS-C|
|Image Resolution||5568 x 3712||6016 x 4000|
|Body Image Stabilization||No||Yes|
|Lens Mount||Nikon FX/DX||Pentax K|
|ISO||100 – 102,400||100 – 819,200|
|Expanded ISO||50 – 1,638,400||None|
|Cross-type AF Points||15||25|
|LCD||3.2″ – Articulating||3.0″ – Articulating|
|LCD Resolution||921,600 dots||921,600 dots|
|Top LCD Display||Yes||No|
|Video Resolution||3840×2160 (30/25/24p)||1920×1080 (60i/50i/30/25/24p)|
|1920×1080 (60/50/30/25/24p)||1280×720 (60/50p)|
|Memory Card Type||SD||SD|
|Dual Card Slots||No||No|
|SD UHS Support||UHS-I||UHS-I|
|Fastest Shutter Speed||1/8000||1/24000|
|Slowest Shutter Speed||30″||30″|
|JPEG Buffer Size||100||28|
|RAW Buffer Size||50||8|
|Max Flash Sync Speed||1/250||1/180|
|Built- in NFC||No||No|
|USB Type||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||950 shots||390 shots|
|Battery Included||Yes (EN-EL15a)||Yes (D-LI109)|
|Weight||22.58 oz (640g)||24.7 oz (699g)|
|Size||5.35 x 4.09 x 2.87″||5.2 x 4.0 x 3.0″|
Last updated on December 16, 2017 11:38 am
Nikon D7500 Advantages:
- It has higher ISO range that goes 1 stop higher and all the way down to 50.
- It has 24 more AF points, but less cross-type.
- Nikon D7500 has 8fps and Pentax KP has 7fps that makes a difference when shooting for few seconds.
- LCD size is 3.2” and Pentax KP has 3.0”
- Touchscreen and top LCD Display that save a lot of time when shooting is manual/semi-auto modes.
- It can record 4K videos at 30, 24, 25p and enormously bigger buffer.
- You can take ~540 shots more with a single battery.
- Flash Sync Speed is 1/250 and Pentax KP has 1/180.
- Built-in Bluetooth.
So the D7500 is worth every dollar.
Pentax KP Advantages:
- 4 more Megapixels but you won’t notice the difference unless you print extremely large.
- Both cameras don’t have AA filter but Pentax KP allows the “effect” to turn on or off.
- Pentax KP has 25 cross-type points and Nikon D7500 has 15, which results in better low light focusing.
- Pentax KP can highlight what is in focus before taking a picture or recording videos, just like mirrorless cameras.
- Faster Max shutter speed.
- Less expensive.