An average photographer of today’s world is into covering plethora of subjects and carry fewer lenses as possible. The goals of many photographers is to be able to shoot breathtaking images quickly and in good light.
SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM C LENS:
Sigma has been able to install a lot of features in this lens and we have to analyze how the workers have been able to pull it off. First, we have to look at the name of this lens and find out what these words actually mean.
- DC means that it is intended for digital camera bodies.
- OS means that is incorporated with a stabilization technology.
- Macro means that it has a minimum focusing distance and it is quite capable of producing macro images.
- C stands for the series.
Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 – Build Quality and Functions:
The optics of Sigma 18-300mm are clean and free of smudges or dust. The handling of the lens proved to be quite impressive. These lens are quite solid but definitely not heavy. The zoom rings and focus are rubberized providing a very suitable grip for damp or cold fingers.The body of Sigma 18-300mm is quite impressive as It comes with a matte black body making it seem sexy and attractive.
A rubber sized ring is also placed at the base; furthermore, overall body of the lens is pretty great. The ring maybe small but worth admiring.
Major Points of Sigma 18-300mm lens:
There are a few points of Sigma 18-300 mm lens that make it stand out from all the mainstream lenses available in the market.
- Zoom lock: this feature is pretty awesome and it prevents gravity from extending the lens while you are carrying it around your neck.
- Lens Hood Indicator:
Apart from the ring the lens hood is equipped with mounting marks to assist the mount in low lighting conditions.
- Mounting Indicators: Sigma has incorporated a white bead into the lens body instead of just painting it making the lining easier and long lasting.
Sharpness and Distortion:
Images of Sigma 18-300mm lens are pretty sharp across all apertures. Maximum sharpness can be achieved between f/18 and f/16. You will find some moderate softening at the corners along with some minor vignetting. You will only experience minimal distortion with this lens.
Sigma 18mm-300mm gives a wonderful color rendition. They are all true to life and crisp. The chromatic aberration is however evident enough and worsens towards the frames edge.
It is definitely not considered an accurate lens because the maximum magnification factor of this lens is 1.3x while macro lenses are equipped with a factor around 1.0×1.1x.
A very intriguing accessory available for this lens is the USB dock which is useful for tweaking the parameters of your lens. This USB dock connects your lens to your computer and you can easily update your firmware and customize other factors.
Some Great things about Sigma 18-300mm Lens:
- It is equipped with an enormous focal length.
- It performs well at a macro level.
- The material used to manufacture this camera is pretty impressive.
- The auto focus is fast.
- USB Dock is worth admiring.
- Smooth focus rings.
In a nutshell, Sigma 18-300mm lens does an extremely fantastic job by amalgamating telephoto zoom and macro functionality. This hybrid lens is not perfect but still works great.